You are watching: One advantage of a database is
Advantages that Database monitoring System (DBMS)
1. Improved data sharingAn advantage of the database management approach is, the DBMS helps to create an setting in which end users have much better access to an ext and better-managed data.Such access makes it feasible for end-users come respond easily to changes in your environment.
2. Improved data securityThe an ext users accessibility the data, the greater the risks of data defense breaches. Companies invest considerable amounts of time, effort, and also money come ensure the corporate data are provided properly.A DBMS offers a structure for far better enforcement the data privacy and also security policies.
3. Better data integrationWider accessibility to well-managed data promotes an combined view that the organization’s operations and a clearer check out of the big picture.It becomes much much easier to see how actions in one segment the the company influence other segments.
4. Minimized data inconsistencyData inconsistency exist when various versions that the very same data show up in various places.For example, data inconsistency exists once a this firm sales department shop a sales representative’s name as “Bill Brown” and the that company personnel department shop that same person’s name as “William G. Brown,” or once the company’s regional sales office reflects the price the a product together $45.95 and its nationwide sales office mirrors the same product’s price as $43.95.The probability the data inconsistency is greatly diminished in a appropriately designed database.
5. enhanced data accessThe DBMS makes it feasible to create quick answer to advertisement hoc queries.From a database perspective, a ask is a particular request issued to the DBMS because that data manipulation—for example, to review or update the data.Simply put, a ask is a question, and an advertisement hoc questions is a spur-of-the-moment question.The DBMS sends ago an answer (called the query result set) come the application. For example, end-users, as soon as dealing with large amounts the sales data, could want quick answers to inquiries (ad hoc queries) together as:What to be the disagreement volume of sales by-product during the previous six months?What is the sales bonus number for every of ours salespeople during the previous three months?How countless of our customers have credit balances of 3,000 or more?
6. Improved decision makingBetter-managed data and improved data accessibility make it feasible to create better-quality information, top top which much better decisions room based.The high quality of the information generated depends ~ above the high quality of the basic data.Data top quality is a an extensive approach to fostering the accuracy, validity, and also timeliness the the data. When the DBMS does not guarantee data quality, it provides a frame to facilitate data high quality initiatives.
7. Increased end-user productivityThe availability of data, merged with the tools that change data right into usable information, empowers end users to make quick, educated decisions that have the right to make the difference between success and failure in the an international economy.
1. Raised acquisition costsOne of the disadvantages of DBMS is Database systems require advanced hardware and software and also highly skilled personnel.The expense of keeping the hardware, software, and personnel forced to operate and also manage a database system deserve to be substantial. Training, licensing, and also regulatory compliance costs are regularly overlooked when database systems space implemented.
See more: What Kind Of Dog Is In The Movie The Proposal '? What Type Of Dog Is In The Movie The Proposal
Therefore, High acquisition costs are no the benefit of a database monitoring system.