1. Place the frog in the dissecting pan ventral next up.
You are watching: The membrane holds the coils of the small intestine
2. Use scissors to lift the abdominal muscles far from the body cavity.Cut follow me the midline of the body to the forelimbs.3.Make transverse (horizontal) cuts close to the arms and legs.4.Life the flaps of the body wall and pin back.
*Ifyour specimen is a female, the body may be filled through eggs. You might need to remove these eggs to see the organs.
Locateeach the the organs below. Examine the crate to suggest that youfound the organs.
1. FatBodies --Spaghetti shaped structures that have a glowing orange oryellow color, if you have a particularly fat frog, these fat body mayneed come be gotten rid of to view the other structures. Usually they are locatedjust ~ above the inside of the abdominal muscle wall.
2. Peritoneum A spider-web choose membrane that covers numerous of the organs, most quickly seen covering the heart.
3. Liver--Thelargest structure of the the body cavity. This brown colored body organ iscomposed of three lobes. The right lobe, the leftanterior lobe, and also the left posterior lobe. The live secretes a digestive juice calledbile i beg your pardon is required for the suitable digestion the fats.
4. Heart - in ~ the top of the liver, the heart is a triangle structure. The leftand right atrium have the right to be discovered at the optimal of the heart. A single ventricle located at the bottom of the heart. The large vessel expanding out fromthe love is the conus arteriosis.
5. Lungs - locate the two spongy lung by feather behind the heart and liver..
6. Bile Bladder --Lift the lobes the the liver,there will be a tiny green sac under the liver. This is the gall bladder,which shop bile. (hint: it type of looks like a booger)
7. Stomach--Curving from underneath the liveris the stomach. The stomach is the first major site of chemical digestion.Frogs swallow their meals whole. Follow the stomach to whereby it turnsinto the small intestine. The pyloric sphincter valve regulatesthe leave of spend food indigenous the stomach come the tiny intestine.
8. Pancreas - This structure is located on the within curve that the stomach. The it a gland that often falls apart during the preserving procedure so it plenty of not be visible on your frog.
9. SmallIntestine--Leading indigenous the stomach. The first straight portionof the small intestine is called the duodenum, the cut portionis the ileum. The ileum is organized together through a membrane calledthe mesentery. Note the blood ship running with the mesentery,they will carry took in nutrients away from the intestine. Absorptionof digested nutrient occurs in the little intestine.
10. LargeIntestine--As you follow the tiny intestine down, the willwiden right into the huge intestine. The large intestine leader to the cloaca, i beg your pardon is the last stop before solid wastes,sperm, eggs, and also urine departure the frog"s body. (The word "cloaca" meanssewer.) The opening to the outside of the doy is the anus.
11. Spleen--Return come the crease of the mesentery, this dark redspherical object serves together a holding area for blood.
12. Esophagus--Return to the stomach and also followit upward, wherein it gets smaller sized is the start of the esophagus.The esophagus is the tube that leads indigenous the frogs mouth to the stomach.Open the frogs mouth and also find the esophagus, poke your probe into itand watch where it leads.
Removal of theStomach: cut the stomach out of the frog and open the up. Friend may discover whatremains the the frog"s last enjoy the meal in there. Look in ~ the texture of the stomachon the inside.
Whatdid you uncover in the stomach?
Measuring the Smallintestine: eliminate the tiny intestine indigenous the human body cavity and carefullyseparate the mesentery from it. Stretch the little intestine the end andmeasure it. Currently measure her frog. Document the measurements listed below in centimeters. Frog length:_______ centimeter Intestine length ________ cm
The frog"s reproductiveand excretory system is combined into one system dubbed the urogenital system.You will require to recognize the frameworks for both the male and also female frog
Kidneys - flattened p shaped organs situated atthe lower back of the frog, near the spine. They are often a dark color. Thekidneys filter wastes native the blood. Often the height of the kidneys have actually yellowish stringy fat body attached.
See more: Ouran Highschool Host Club Episode 1 English Dub Watchcartoononline
Testes - in masculine frogs, these organs are located atthe peak of the kidneys, they space pale colored and roundish. Oviducts - females carry out not have testes, though youmay watch a curly structure roughly the outside of the kidney, this arethe oviducts. Oviducts room where eggs room produced. Males have the right to havestructures the look similar, however serve no yes, really purpose. In males, theyare dubbed vestigial oviducts.
Bladder - An empty sac situated at the shortest partof the human body cavity. The bladder shop urine.
Cloaca - discussed again as component of the urogenitalsystem - urine, sperm and eggs exit here.
Label the parts of the urogenital system.
Post rap Questions
1. The membrane hold the coils that the small intestine together: _________________________2.This body organ is discovered under the liver, it stores bile: ___________________________3. Name the 3 lobes of the liver: _____________________, ____________________, ____________________4. The organ that is the very first major site of chemical digestion: _______________________5. Eggs, sperm, urine and also wastes every empty right into this structure: __________________________6. The small intestine leader to the: _______________________________7. The esophagus leader to the: ______________________________8. Yellowish structures that offer as an energy reserve: _________________________9. The an initial part of the little intestine(straight part): ____________________________10. ~ food passes v the stomach the enters the: _________________________11. A spiderweb like membrane that covers the organs: ___________________________12. Regulates the exit of partly digested food native the stomach: _____________________13. The digestive mechanism ends in ~ the opening referred to as the:________________________14. Organ uncovered within the mesentery the stores blood: __________________________15. The largest organ in the human body cavity: __________________________
Label the Diagram
A. __________________________________B. __________________________________C. __________________________________D. __________________________________E. __________________________________F. __________________________________G. __________________________________H. __________________________________I. __________________________________J. __________________________________K. __________________________________L. __________________________________M. __________________________________N. __________________________________P. __________________________________
Credits: location Frog at height - http://www.clker.com/clipart-coolred-eyed-frog.htmlFrog Urogenital systems were modifed native http://biodidac.bio.uottawa.ca/ Frog Labeling modifed from an unknown scource, letters were included as were missing organs
This is part of a dissection collection that includes: Frog external Anatomy | Frog Dissection | Frog brain and LegPictures the Dissected from through labels are easily accessible at Frog Dissection Gallery